AGMARDT provides funding assistance to industry groups and businesses for events like conferences, hui, summits and forums. The aim is to support the transfer of knowledge and international expertise to conference participants to:
- Enhance stakeholders’ understanding of the issues impacting the sector/ marketplace.
- Facilitate the early adoption of innovative ideas and/or improved business practises.
- Create value to their operations in producing, manufacturing and/or marketing of agri-food and fibre products.
AGMARDT will support:
Keynote speakers: Conference support may include international flights and domestic travel and accommodation associated with the international speaker’s participation at the conference or forum. There is an expectation by AGMARDT that the keynote speaker will be making a significant contribution at the conference and/or forum, and as such we expect they will be speaking for at least 45 minutes during their allotted session.
E-conference capabilities: AGMARDT may also support costs associated with e-conference capabilities to enable the conference organisers to connect and bring in international speakers to participate and be involved at a conference held in New Zealand.
Future focused conference: In addition, AGMARDT will consider broader applications from professional societies and organisations involved in the agricultural, horticultural and forestry sectors intending to organise a future focussed conference, event or forum.
All applications will be considered by the Trustees and Management, and where necessary, independently assessed.
Who can apply
Industry groups and businesses seeking funding assistance for events/conferences that can clearly demonstrate:
Alignment with key objectives: How the conference aligns with AGMARDT’s objectives, this grants objectives and with the future direction of the industry and/strategic plan.
Future focus: Ability to demonstrate a future focus, highlighting how this event (e.g. conference, hui, summit or forum) will move people towards the future (i.e., is not focused on the issues of the day).
Outcomes: The planned outcomes of the conference.
Innovative: That it goes beyond an annual conference and is doing something different (for example, topics or speakers may come from other sectors to drive cross pollination of ideas).
Networking opportunities: If it is to provide for a speaker, there must be opportunity for networking, related workshops or several presentations to as broad an audience as possible.
Exclusions – what we don’t fund
- Retrospective investment (costs incurred before the application is approved).
- Anything that can be perceived as ‘business as usual’ (BAU).
- Projects outside the agribusiness – food and fibre sector.
- Professional speaking fees, speaker gifts, private travel and accommodation that may be enjoyed in conjunction with the speaking engagement.
What are trustees seeking in a conference application?
- Clear articulation of the outcomes of the conference
- Clear articulation of how the conference aligns with AGMARDT’s objectives
- Demonstrate clearly how the conferences aligns with the future direction for an industry and / or the strategic plan for an industry
- Ability to demonstrate a future focus, highlighting how this conference will move people towards the future (i.e. is not focussed on the issues of the day)
- Goes beyond an annual conference, is doing something different (for example, topics or speakers may come from other sectors to drive cross pollination of ideas)
- If it is to provide for a speaker, there must be opportunity for networking, related workshops or a number of presentations to as broad an audience as possible
- Provision of at least 2+ complimentary tickets (for AGMARDT personnel or an AGMARDT nominated people who would benefit from attending)
What funding support does AGMARDT provide for conferences?
- AGMARDT is open to funding conferences beyond international speakers and e-conference capabilities (to enable international speakers) provided it meets the criteria above
As ‘Future Shapers’ – we want to ignite a better future for the food & fibres sector.
AGMARDT strategically invest in initiatives to encourage innovative thinking, research capability and collaboration.
Interested in applying for one of our grants? You can do it online today.
Stay up to date with our latest news.
With more than 1700 grants awarded to date, we’ve got some great stories to share with you.
Meet the team who keep AGMARDT thriving.
We are grateful for the assistance the AGMARDT Grant provided. It has allowed Freshco to direct sales and manage our own destinies in each market enabling us to extract more value from the supply chain to the consumer.
John Mangan / Director, Freshco
AGMARDT supports and enables. Projects and people benefit from funding; New Zealand benefits from development of ideas, technologies, approaches and leadership. In particular, the trust facilitates information dissemination: AGMARDT is the catalyst for ripples that spread through the primary sector.
Dr Jacqueline Rowarth /
AGMARDT's support of Texus in the above process tangibly accelerated the development of the above essential activities and testing of market entry strategy, while also exposing Texus management to cutting-edge thought leadership around market shaping and the levers that can be applied to scope and facilitate such shaping.
Nick Davenport / CEO, Texus Fibre Industry Leader Scholarship Winner
The support from AGMARDT has enabled us to gain greater insights into farmer behaviour across all sectors and which will assist accelerated uptake of the livestock exchange and enhance market opportunities for all farmers.
Jason Roebuck / Managing Director, Stock-X Limited