Accelerator loans were created to support New Zealand Agribusinesses that may require additional short term capital to further enhance projects that are commercial in nature or close to commercialisation and which would not otherwise attract commercial funding.
Such applications would also not normally meet the criteria to be eligible for consideration of an appropriate AGMARDT grant.
AGMARDT Accelerator Loans provide an opportunity to initiate further business growth by assisting Applicants to:
- Fund expansion requirements to improve capacity and efficiencies within their business and immediate supply chain;
- Adopt new technologies, production and processing capabilities to add value within the New Zealand agribusiness sector;
- Initiate distribution and/or marketing programmes to enhance early adoption and speed to market within the agribusiness sector;
- Develop proven prototypes to commercialisation;
- Fund acceptable website and software development;
- Partially fund start-up projects in conjunction with approved commercial Bank lending where additional capital is required
AGMARDT is offering short term accelerator loans ranging from $100,000 to $300,000. Applications may be made throughout the year and all applications are to be referred to the General Manager, AGMARDT.
Who applies for accelerator loans?
- Applications usually come from start-ups or enterprises that can play a significant role in the food and fibres sector
What are the trustees seeking in an accelerator loan application?
- If an individual company is applying, they will need to demonstrate they are filling a critical gap
Where does AGMARDT invest via loans?
Where others won’t (i.e. there isn’t capital floating around in other spaces)
Are these loans popular?
- AGMARDT receives few loan applications, and these are often only granted under exceptional circumstances
As ‘Future Shapers’ – we want to ignite a better future for the food & fibres sector.
We have provided more than $90 million of funding so far to support the success of agribusinesses - how can we help you?
Interested in applying for one of our grants or scholarships? You can do it online today.
Stay up to date with our latest news.
With more than 1700 grants awarded to date, we’ve got some great stories to share with you.
Meet the team who keep AGMARDT thriving.
We are grateful for the assistance the AGMARDT Grant provided. It has allowed Freshco to direct sales and manage our own destinies in each market enabling us to extract more value from the supply chain to the consumer.
John Mangan / Director, Freshco
AGMARDT supports and enables. Projects and people benefit from funding; New Zealand benefits from development of ideas, technologies, approaches and leadership. In particular, the trust facilitates information dissemination: AGMARDT is the catalyst for ripples that spread through the primary sector.
Dr Jacqueline Rowarth /
AGMARDT's support of Texus in the above process tangibly accelerated the development of the above essential activities and testing of market entry strategy, while also exposing Texus management to cutting-edge thought leadership around market shaping and the levers that can be applied to scope and facilitate such shaping.
Nick Davenport / CEO, Texus Fibre Industry Leader Scholarship Winner
The support from AGMARDT has enabled us to gain greater insights into farmer behaviour across all sectors and which will assist accelerated uptake of the livestock exchange and enhance market opportunities for all farmers.
Jason Roebuck / Managing Director, Stock-X Limited